News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Crime Watch In Lowellville

Started by jay, September 01, 2014, 06:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

iwasthere

does one need to be a veteran to be a al member?

sfc_oliver

Just fired a rifle salute and played Taps for a Korean War veteran this past week.

And really Nam vets aren't that far behind them either.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Sarge, my heart breaks every time I hear about an AL post closing its doors because the younger generation isn't interested. Every passing day sees the number of WW2 vets dwindling, and soon the same will be true for Korean War vets.

sfc_oliver

I don't know about all that.

The American Legion went out and placed pamphlets on 75% of all the houses in Lowellville Telling veterans about the Post and asking for members.

We received 1 response.

This past week the members decided to open up Our Veterans day Dinner to all Veterans in Lowellville. If we get three additional guests I'll be surprised.

But it's been posted on the Lowellville American legion FB page and I'll have it posted downtown and in a few local papers....We'll see....

iwasthere

THE PC SHOULD HAD USE THESE METHODS TO HAVE A MESSAGE DELIVERED TELEGRAPH, TELEPHONE AND TELL IT IN LOWELLVILLE TO ITS CITIZENS. IT WORKED FOR ME IN THE PAST AND IT STILL DOES.

AllanY2525

Try using social media, ie: Facebook - make a page for the Crime Watch Lowellville

:D

sfc_oliver

I had every intention of going, unfortunately sometimes life throws you a curve.....

I spoke with the Chief he is going to reschedule and try to get the word out better, The only real notice to anyone was one small blurb in the Journal...At least that's all i saw...

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

They had a crime watch organizational meeting in Lowellville and only one citizens showed up.   ???