News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Hidden Brothel

Started by Youngstownshrimp, August 10, 2010, 10:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

The Fireplace picture Shar posted here seems to be a fireplace on a Fifth ave home.

Rick Rowlands

Well you won't find those along the right of way.  There is only one place that stuff is found: ebay!

AllanY2525

I'd love to have some antique brass or silver buttons from a conductor's uniform...

;)

Youngstownshrimp

I put up the land you guys come up with the detector,  New business.

AllanY2525

The metal detector is a great idea.....no telling what types of historical artifacts you
might find by sweeping the old right of way.

Youngstownshrimp

I always wanted to get a metal detector and walk the trolly line.  Then I would have to retire with the riches I would find.  ;D ;D ;D

AllanY2525

Rick,

Did the trolley line run up the middle of Stewart ?  I always suspected that it did because of the
Grass island on the upper end of the street in the middle.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, we manage over 100 acres from the south side of McGuffey going north to Jacobs road.  If your pal needs access, let me know?

Rick Rowlands

I am working with a local author who is writing a book that will include a section on the Youngstown and Sharon Street Railway.  Last weekend we traced the right of way from where it crosses McGuffey road all the way to Sharon.  There are actually quite a few extant remains visible and even some rails left in place in Hubbard.   Interurban lines are usually easy to trace as power companies used those right of ways for transmission lines, many of which still exist. 

AllanY2525

I always thought it would be interesting to explore the old trolley route just to
see if there are any pieces of history left along the old track bed.

When was the Sharon line abandoned?

Youngstownshrimp

Is this old Sharon line trolly land soon to be Youngstown's Eastside industrial greenfields?

Cortlandgirl79

Thanks, keep us updated please.

Youngstownshrimp

Fireplace standing , building demo'd and grounds graded nicely.

Cortlandgirl79

Any updates on the fireplace or property?

Youngstownshrimp

Last week we had a track excavator at the site and was able to drop the chimney.  The stone fireplace is intact however, the mantle suffered a brick hit and the center is out.  It possibly can be mortared back into place without being obvious, all in all better than the whole stone F/P being broken into a million of pieces.  We are hauling out all of the wood and will eventually have the basement left, we are planning to see if we can use it for an aquaculture tank.

Forum Manager, please feel free to drop by and take pictures.