News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Central Square Pot Holes

Started by jay, March 03, 2015, 07:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

A city crew was patching the potholes on Central Square today.  It's only taken three months since first reported here.

The city crew was actually doing a pretty good job.

Billy Mumphrey

At this rate I'll probably start taking WRTA on my trips into downtown. The potholes are terrible.

AllanY2525

South Avenue was a mess over 30 years ago when I drove over it daily on
my way to work during the 1980'S  ....but then I guess it depends on what
one considers to be  "not long ago"

:-X

jay

Not long ago South Avenue was a beautiful brick street.

Irishbobcat

Is there any road that leads into downtown that isn't filled with massive potholes?  Driving down South Ave. is like driving through bombed out downtown Bagdad during the Iraqi War....

joly1584

They are patching some of the potholes today on central square, although it seems to be hit and miss.  Now instead of falling into a pothole you also need to be careful not to trip over the mound of cold patch.  It is a start.

Towntalk

You are absolutely right Jay. Picture some sweet little old lady wanting to go to do some banking downtown falling because of one of those potholes, or Uncle Jim wanting to stop in at Silvers to buy a new jacket getting his ankle twisted three ways from Sunday because of a pothole that the city left un-attended. Where is the First Ward Council Woman ... why isn't she looking after the welfare and safety of the people in her ward. Obviously she doesn't care one bit about anyone other than herself.

jay

I noticed this problem starting last fall during the Peace Race.  It would have been easy for a runner to turn their ankle on the uneven roadway.

AllanY2525

Rick.....  I'm laughing like sh*t

:)

Rick Rowlands

jay

The pot holes on Federal Street at Central Square are getting worse.