News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WEST SIDE WOES

Started by Towntalk, October 27, 2014, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

As of this afternoon, the sewer line has been repaired and traffic is flowing again in both directions on Mahoning Avenue.

AllanY2525

I wouldn't be surprised if the sinkhole was caused by an old mine shaft in the area.....

Towntalk

I don't know which neighborhood group is in that area, but if they could get some pieces of the streetcar track and make some placks withpieces of track on them they would be able to sell them, raising funds for future projects.

stewie

Nice. Way to use this to further your agenda. Well attempt to anyways. This had nothing to do with fracking.  The sewer is prob a hundred years old.

BG

Fracking induced earthquakes will cause more damage to the city's sewer lines, water lines, homes and buildings.   Who will pay to repair future damages?  YOU WILL!

Protect Youngstown

Vote YES on the Youngstown Community Bill of Rights.

jay

TV news is reporting that this sewer collapse will cost in excess of $260,000 to repair.

Towntalk

joly1584

The issue isn't the bridge being closed.  This issue is the how long it took the city to respond to the problem! >:(  According to news reports people have had sewage backing up into basements since Friday. :o   

It is hard enough to get someone from the city water or waste water depts. on the phone during normal business hours-no one answers after hours.

stewie

You're an idiot. That's all I got....

This post was reported, Forum Manager

Towntalk

From what WKBN is saying, this is turning out to be a very serious problem for the area involved. Just how large of an area is affected?