News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Issue 7

Started by jay, October 16, 2014, 05:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

There won't be yard signs as they didn't have the financing for it, but I received my mailer today as well.

~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

There won't be yard signs. To late for that

jay

I received a "Vote Yes On Issue 7" post card in the mail today. 

I haven't seen any yard signs so far.

PD

The organization funding and leading the campaign against issue 7 is the
Youngstown warren black caucus

Towntalk

WHY ARE THE ANTI - ISSUE 7 COWARDS AFRAID TO DEBATE THE ISSUE IN A PUBLIC FORUM TELEVISED ON EITHER WKBN, WYTV, OR WFMJ?

Towntalk

• WHAT
  • ARE
  • THE
  • ANTI-ISSUE 7
  • PEOPLE
  • HIDING

Towntalk

Now that my astute friend is a very good question, but unfortunately we will have to wait until the committee files with the Secretary of State to get the list you, and I desire, and I await it with bated breath. Needless to say the the committee is keeping a very low profile which is suspicious ... no campaign mailings ... no ads ... no radio or TV interviews.

jay

I understand that a campaign committee has to identify itself on campaign signs and campaign literature.  What I want to know is who are the individuals, companies or councilmen that are actually putting up the money to fund the campaign committee.

Towntalk

By law persons or organizations supporting or opposing a candidate or issue are required to identify themselves and file a report with the Secretary of State, and THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. Anyone failing to do so is subject to a term in prison and a hefty fine.
Did you take the time to actually examine the sign carefully to see who sponsored it or did you just glance at it then go your way?

jay

I noticed the people opposed to Issue 7 have started to place signs around the community.  I wonder who is funding this "vote no" campaign.