News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Los Gallos looking to locate in Youngstown"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, March 12, 2013, 10:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I think you are right on, google professional work/live spaces, this seems to be the new thing in urban housing now.

Towntalk

Whatever goes in there should be an indoor venue that would cater to young professionals and a higher end clientel as opposed to the sort of folks that the other establishmens like the Lemon Grove cater to. The college crowd, bless their souls, have plenty of places to go where they are catered to, but the up scale folks have only the Overture.

Youngstownshrimp

The CIC which owns and manages the Wells building informs me that the building is going to be renovated in a few months.  The vacant land and the State Theatre facade and lot are open for development, what type of design and use would you think will be good for that hollow?

Youngstownshrimp

Forgive me, where are my manners, thank you TT for the great research, you are Youngstown's best!

Youngstownshrimp

Wow, all this taxpayer money spent by the Chamber for this pie-in-the-sky WTC project.  What is the status of this project now, is it dead in the water?
That was in 2010, also written in 2011 was the architect Strollo renovating and moving in, what is the status of this?  Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking on this corner, but I guess this is Youngstown, for every idea and implementation, there are five failures.  That corner with the Wells building and State theatre facade are gems to us locals, I wonder really what are the current plans, if any.

Youngstownshrimp

Great responses, let's keep going on more CIC City abandoned properties.  Any history and facts about the State theatre and developments thereof?

Towntalk

Ron:
The last group that was looking at the building backed off because, between the cost of the building, plus the costs involved in rehab made it out of the question. Whoever does buy the Kress building will have to have very deep pockets, very deep indeed.

iwasthere

a dt regular suggested to will cafaro jr that he and his brother develop the kress bldg into a mini mall with daylight hrs. his response was he threw a chair at him.

Youngstownshrimp

Anyone have information about the Kress building?

Youngstownshrimp

iwasthere

abr canbe a sucess story when the business has serious owners. do  you know if saady ever pd back the city it owed through a low interest loan?

Youngstownshrimp

Yes iwasthere and let me let you in on an old real estate developer's secret, the one who builds the project goes bankrupt, the one who steals it when it is depressed makes it profitable.  The B&O was bought for a song after the City fiasco, it automatically will make money with no or very little debt.  That being said, the B&O is only working as a banquet center, not a reataurant.  Which is why A on the river sits.
BTW, I was tasked to place a latin jazz ensemble in the Los Galos of Boardman every wenesday, margarita nite, $2 each.  Last night was the first night, better results than when I did it for V2

iwasthere

b and o is not a failed adventured for the city. the current owners has the placed booked for all types of wedding receptions. the abr is a question that should be ask to the current mayoral and previous administrations concerning this prime piece of property about any monies owed to the city and school coffers.