News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

YPD scanner feed

Started by PMDragon, December 19, 2009, 06:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMDragon

Appears to be working perfectly now. Best its ever been! Plus now that pulsating, humming drone sound is gone too. Thanks!

yfdgricker

Ok I replaced the computer, the scanner, the sound card, the antenna and the audio cable. Let's see if that's any better :)

Let me know.

PMDragon

I tried the YPD feed, its still doing same thing. Cutting out , not getting full transmissions.

yfdgricker

The new computer is in place and I think I had a couple people hit the feeds already. Can anyone try the links and make sure both the YPD feed and the Mahoning County feed are working and that I didn't get the scanner audio inpt backwards (again)? :) Thanks!

Also, let me know if the scanner audio is better compaired to a few days ago. If YPD is still fading in and out and breaking up on the transmissions, I may need to check the antenna then.

The YFD feed was not affected because it is on it's own dedicated PC.

yfdgricker

It could possibly be the piece of crap computer I'm using to stream the audio to the web. I have a new PC just waiting to be hooked up. I'm planning on making that upgrade Sunday 12/20 sometime. We'll see if that helps the feed situation.

PMDragon

? Is there something going on with the YPD scanner feeds? Past few days I've noticed that the feed is functioning but is not picking up as much of the voice transmissions occuring as it used to. ie: dispatch will call a car, but response or only part of response can be heard, or after a long while may hear word or short part of a phrase transmitted and again not hear the response, may here dispatch for an address then cuts off can't hear sigal reference etc.
Last night when this occured I turned on our regular scanner on and there was normal-quite a bit of activity being transmitted yet web live feed was only transmitting bits and pieces.
Don't know if it's just me or not so thought I'd ask.
Thanks  PMDragon