News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Christmas Lights (?)

Started by jay, March 02, 2017, 03:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

I couldn't agree with you more my esteemed friend, it looks like some of the old second hand stores that were on East Federal Street between Watt Street and Andrews Avenue, on East Boardman Street between Walnut Street and Basen Street, and on East Front Street from Champion Street all the way down to Basen Street which in the day had two names ... "The Tenderloin" and "The Grinder District". Slumsville Youngstown.

Irishbobcat

I've have seen Edison Lighting putting up lights during the Christmas season.....so are they the ones taking them down or is it the city employees?

I dislike Christmas lights left up all year....looks like white trash.....

JoyceFarrell

I agree Nick. Even at Christmas time thy are tacky. I would like to see a return to the way the downtown was decorated back in 1950 my first Christmas here as a little 10 year old girl. In my young eyes it was everything that I dreamed about.

Nicholas Serra

They look tacky when they're not on.

jay

I noticed several workers removing the strings of Christmas lights that were wrapped around the trunk and branches of the trees along West Federal Street.

I always thought the lights were left up all year long.  It has got to cost a fortune to install and remove the Christmas lights every holiday season.