News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Re: Police/Fire Scanner Link

Started by yfdgricker, November 14, 2006, 07:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

Can someone try this link and see if they can connect?

http://yfd.dnsalias.com/broadwave.m3u?src=1&kbps=48

(sorry copied link wrong, correct link above!)

sfc_oliver

tried the first 2........Nothing...... ???
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

None of the six worked for me.
A message state "webpage cannot be found"

yfdgricker

Thank you joly1584 and TommyDawg. I'll work on this issue more tomorrow. Thanks for trying out the links. I'm really not sure what the heck is causing people not to be able to connect. I'll keep everyone updated.

TommyDawg

I'm using Firefox.

I live in Massachusetts so I guess I'm out of radio range.        :laugh:      ::)
No go on all 6.

Tom

joly1584

I tried to connect.

On # 1 & 4 I got webpage not found.
On # 2, 3, 5 & 6 I got Internet Explorer cannot display webpage.

yfdgricker

I don't think it's anything you did joly1584. I've got something messed up somewhere and I can't figure out where exactly the problem lies. I can access all three of my feeds when I am on my home network but I can't access them from an internet connection outside my house. I'm looking at my router settings, my firewall ports and my DNS alias software and so far I'm not sure what is causing the feed access problems. I'll let everyone know when I get it resolved. If anyone IS able to connect to any of the feeds, please post here and let me know. Thanks.

joly1584

I can't connect either.  I noticed the problem started after a Windows automatic security update on my computer earlier this week.

PMDragon

Hi Greg,
Are the feeds down? Link isn't connecting.

yfdgricker

Glad you are able to listen to the feeds again.

I'm still working out some bugs with the new system but so far it is much nicer having two seperate computers running the feeds. One computer runs just the YFD feed and also records all the FD radio traffic which I archive monthly to CD. The second computer runs just the YPD and Mahoning Valley fire feed.

I've attached a couple of pics of my setup in case anyone was interested in seeing what it looked like. The first photo shows the two computers (YFD top, YPD and MVFire bottom) and the BC780XLT running the Mahoning Valley feed. The second photo in the middle shows the two scanners running the YPD and YFD feeds.

PMDragon

Yea!! Great job Greg. The feed's working great. Thanks for all you do.

yfdgricker

Hi everyone,

The yfd feed is up and running. Check the address in the first post of this topic for the new URL. If you have problems with connecting let me know and I'll investigate.

The YPD and Mahoning County feeds are being worked on at this time and will hopefully be up tonight.

UPDATE: The Mahoning Valley fire feed and the YPD feed are up and running. They can be found at the new addresses at the top of this topic.

PMDragon

Thanks much, really appreciate it.