News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shabby Looking South Side Park

Started by jay, May 24, 2017, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

As of this afternoon, the lot is still overgrown with high grass and high weeds.

jay

I plan to attend the festival on Shady Run Road today.  I'll let you know the condition of this lot.

JoyceFarrell

FROM THE 7WCC FACEBOOK PAGE ---

John R SwierzThat was the 1st lot beautification project in the 7th Ward. The 7WCC , Neighbors and members of the Lansingville block watch did the job. As President of 7WCC I will try to start looking at dates. If you are willing to volunteer please IM me or call me 330 503-1363. 20 volunteers can make it happen.

Thomas Forestal I had taken care of this lot for a few years without any help from the neighborhood. I had even been approached by some of these neighbors saying I was wasting my time because nobody wanted this little park. When I received some funds from the 7WCC I planted new flower beds, but only have them destroyed by the students at St. Matthias charter school. Unfortunately there are some areas of the 7th Ward who do not want to have any beautification of their neighborhoods.

Paul Drennen The one complaining only complains and was the downfall of the WSCC

jay

Years ago there used to be av house on this property.  I'm pretty sure former councilman John Swierz was involved with landscaping this lot after the house was removed.

JoyceFarrell

Are you also aware of the fact that she has all sorts of signs on her front porch?

JoyceFarrell

ARE you aware of the possability that that land is owned by the lady that lives next to it?

JoyceFarrell

Jay is this nthe property you are talking about?

jay

This corner lot has several man made items place on it.  These include a bench, a sign and an ornamental fence.  These items have to be removed so that the city mowing tractors can mow the high grass and weeds.

I believe this lot is in the seventh ward and should be of concern to the current council member.

JoyceFarrell

That was not a park. A neighborhood group did some plantings and spruced it up, but the neighbors said they didn't want it and after someone ruined it, the Neighborhood group said that they will not do anything more there. If the neighbors don't want that patch of land spruced up, why should our neighborhood groups waste our resources there?

jay

Within the last half hour, I passed this corner lot/park and it still has not been cut.

If people want to spruce up the south side, they should start with this lot.

jay

A few years ago, a group planted flowers and perennials on the vacant lot at the corner of Shady Run Road and Cornell.  I passed this corner yesterday and noticed that the corner park is now overgrown with high grass and weeds. 

:'(