News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cedars moving to the west side....

Started by irishbobcat, January 27, 2013, 02:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i had heard and met striving yg artists that made thier way to big stage via cedar"s. :D

jay

Speaking of the Ballet Western Reserve, try to attend their Spring Gala on Sunday, May 19, at the Ford Family Recital Hall.

Towntalk

Not my taste ... give me the Youngstown Symphony ... Ballet Western Reserve ... Easy Street ... but then I doubt that very many folks here are capable of sitting through a great symphony, opera, or ballet. I don't mean to sound snobbish, but the noise that the younger generation calls music just isn't my glass of vintage wine.

My pop music love is big bands ... great pop singers ala Frank Sinatra ... Paul Anka ... Barry Manilow ... and orchestras like Andre Reiu ... Mantovani ... Glenn Miller ... Benny Goodman.

iwasthere

the loss is if cedar never opened up again in ytown. cedar rosed from the ashes to a nicer inviting place for thier type of entertainment.

Towntalk

The west side has a very long way to go before it can compete with the North Side in the field of True arts and entertainment district, not to be snobbish. When the west side can get the Youngstown Playhouse to build a new theater there and move out of the south side, build a rival to the Stambaugh Auditorium, or build a rival to the Butler Institute of American Art that can earn world class status then we'll be impressed, but having a rock and roll venue just won't cut it.

irishbobcat

Could become the new liberal arts spot for Youngstown...then the frackers can take over downtown 100 percent....

jay

A loss for the downtown for sure.

The new location is almost in the Garden District area (a welcoming neighborhood for the arts and entertainment crowd).

irishbobcat

I guess just down the street from the Palms Inn....great place for chicken and lamb on Saturdays!

Youngstown's legendary Cedar's Lounge is moving to the West Side
By GUY D'ASTOLFO
dastolfo@vindy.com
YOUNGSTOWN
Cedar's Lounge has found a new home.
The famed rock'n'roll bar will end its 38-year run at its current location and reopen in about a month at 706 Steel St. on the West Side. The new location was most recently the site of County Maigh Eo bar.
Mara Simon and Billy Danielson, owner-operators of the new rock club, made the announcement today.
Cedar's last day at 23 N. Hazel St., downtown, will be Wednesday. The final live performance night will be Tuesday, featuring jazz musicians Jeff Bremer and Donny Yallech.
The bar has a long-held regional reputation for hosting top local and national acts, and will continue its legacy at the new location, said Simon.
Cedar's is being forced to move because the new owner of the building that houses the bar, the Gatta Co. of Niles, is going to completely rehabilitate the three-story structure. When complete, it will house two restaurant/nightspots, with offices and apartments on the upper floors.
Gatta made the announcement in December, forcing Cedar's to find a new location.