News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"How FrackFree hurts Youngstown common folks"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, February 07, 2013, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I'm not going to go into the right and wrongs of drilling, many of you know my position.  I will start this subject with a reminder that irregardless of my faults, no one can deny my service to the community.  It is with this thought that I will be very serious in this post.
Terry, Dennis and any other petition gatherers here, have not really thought about the ramifications and harm you are embarking on in the name of green energy.  What you have done and continue to do is to hurt the common folks of Youngstown the City you claim you love.  Today, Youngstown is redlined by the energy companies for leasing mainly because of opposition.  While landowners big and small in the rural and suburban areas are being paid income for their minerals and are innocent of any wrongs in the industry, Youngstown folks who need the help the most, who struggle to pay their property taxes are not able to generate any of these monies.
In the beginning of this Utica play a year ago, when Youngstown was targeted and not redlined, many of the folks in Youngstown generated money for their small and large parcels.  I can name many, the diner on Hubbard Rd., Temple Nevels on Elm, Jim Hines the plumber on the eastside, and many small homeowners.  The revenue generated, paid property taxes and further investments in the community.  Instead of Youngstown reaping the harvest like so many in the rural areas, Youngstowners, the poorest in Mahoning county now because of leaders like you, are left out of this historic national boom.
If you are against NG and fracking, is it fair to hurt your neighbors because of your beliefs?  You will never be able to shut down the development of energy, it is global and bigger than us all , even bigger than our government.  And yet again the only ones hurt today are the poorest in our community, I could not sleep if this was what I was blatantly doing to my fellow man.