News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NYO Property Group - in trouble

Started by YoungstownBiker, March 16, 2017, 10:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: JoyceFarrell on March 18, 2017, 05:11:50 PM
By the way, we all know that it was MAYOR JAY WILLIAMS that signed off on the deal, but the media has not been able to reach him for comment.
maybe he hiding at one of the Clarence smith's businesses.

Irishbobcat

First we give them tax abatements and then we give them tax dollars.....How about somebody giving something back to the taxpayers other than the shaft?

JoyceFarrell

So true ... so simple to understand given all the reports of broken water lines ... yet it all goes in the left ear ... makes a detour around the Madula Oblongota ... pauses to take a  pee ... then out the right ear past the clump of ear wax.

Irishbobcat

The bottom line is you have a crumbling water infrastructure in the city, the water rates keep going up, and city hall gives that money away for private development.....something is definitely wrong with this picture.....but alas, WE ARE YOUNGSTOWN......would we really want it any other way?

JoyceFarrell

It was the way that the WFMJ dude reportrd it on the live facebook feed. I'm no fan of his either.

JoyceFarrell

Polirtics plain and simple. Politics my friend. I'm no fan of DeWine, but he's the big Swiss Cheese in the AG's office, and he does likwe to play his little games.

stewie

Joyce, er I mean Bertram,
The article did not in any way even imply that McNally was a subject of the investigation. 
You mentioned that. Where did you get that information? 

In regards to the AG, just curious have you noticed that these ground breaking cases always happen right around March and April. Why do you think that is?

JoyceFarrell

You are right, people have been jumping to false conclusions about political coruption in Youngstown and Mahoning County for as long as I can remember. And for good reason. Unless you wish to hide your head in a basket any number of city and county officials have gone to prison because of political corruption, so when the State pulls raids that have connections to politics it is reasonable to suspect "more of the same". This also can apply to the wealthy developers that people delight in attacking such as the Cafaro family. How many of them have ever gone to prison? None.

Would you say that our current Mayor is getting a fair shake? His opponent keeps tossing up his ties to the Oak Hill Matter, but do you hear McNally harp on his opponents own sins?

I happen to like McNally. He has been doing a good job as Mayor so far, but at the same time, when the State Attorney General sends people in to make raids that have connections to the city, and when we know that DeWine sees political corruption in Youngstown, what are we to think?

You can retort that DeWine is this, that, or the other thing till the cows come home, but the fact is that he is the Attorney General, and right or wrong, he has the law on his side and what we think about it, there is nothing that we can do to stop it.

Again, when the state Attorney General takes an action like he did, the news media around the state is going to take his word over yours or mine. And when it comes to Youngstown, the press is going to assume the worst, and there is nothing thst we can do to stop it.

I would like to think that Youngstown is as pure as pure can be, but I've seen too much over the 65 years that I've lived here.

JoyceFarrell

By the way, we all know that it was MAYOR JAY WILLIAMS that signed off on the deal, but the media has not been able to reach him for comment.

stewie

The story indicates 3 high ranking officials. They do not say Mcnally you assumed and posted that. It is again most likely the board of control at the time the agreement was signed back in 2009. Again Mcnally was not in office then.  The story is correct. You posted the wrong information.

JoyceFarrell

HERE IS THE SOURCE. TELL WFMJ THAAT THEIR REPORT IS FAKE NEWS.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/34924876/sources-warrant-to-search-youngstown-developer-names-three-city-officials

Sources tell 21 that a warrant used to search the home and offices of Youngstown developer Dominic Marchionda will also allegedly contain the names of three high-ranking Youngstown city officials.
Although those city officials are not being named for now since the search warrant is sealed, Youngstown Mayor John McNally tells 21 News he is not concerned about possibly being implicated.

stewie

Quote from: JoyceFarrell on March 16, 2017, 11:30:35 PM
According to a media source, three "public officials" have been named in a sealed document, one of which is Mayor McNally.

At no point did they mention Mayor McNallys name.
It is most likely Board of Control. At the time it was Williams, guglacelo and Bozanich

This is a case of Marchionds not turning over requested records in time.  That is why his office was "raided"
People need to quit jumping to conclusions and assuming it's corruption. 

iwasthere

majority of his workers are hired as self contractors thus eliminating his responsibilities of keeping ss deductions, workersmen comp, city, st, and federal taxes.