News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Small Buses

Started by Towntalk, January 18, 2013, 09:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Clean diesel whatever that is. If someone can furnish the name of the maker, I can possably find more details.

mrniles266

:)
Yes, those are good pictures. I hope they will switch them around to other routes. Test how reliable, and do they save money. Do they do the job, they are supposed to do. What type of fuel do they use? At one time, WRTA had a Natural Gas filling station. I saw it. They had big Natural Gas buses.(Federally funded) They sold them no to long after they got them. I don't know why. Does anybody?

Towntalk

Happy now mrniles226 or do you now want mechanics specks, photos of motor, and other details, or are the two photos and the article enough?

jay

QuoteDoes anyone have any exterior and interior pictures? Do they  have destination signs?

This is the interior looking toward the back from the passenger entrance.

jay

This reminds me of the person who buys a car (capable of carrying six passengers) but drives alone.  I know some people who drive a pickup trucks but rarely carry anything in the back let alone a load that would occupy the entire space.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on January 21, 2013, 10:56:44 AM
Hopefully WRTA keeps ridership numbers, route by route and stop to stop so they can predict with a high level of certainty what the ridership will be on any bus and at any time.  They would then be able to match available equipment with the expected demand.   
they do. jf gives a monthly report on ridership at the monthly wrta board  meetings.

Towntalk

Here

mrniles266

???

Does anyone have any exterior and interior pictures? Do they  have destination signs?

Rick Rowlands

Hopefully WRTA keeps ridership numbers, route by route and stop to stop so they can predict with a high level of certainty what the ridership will be on any bus and at any time.  They would then be able to match available equipment with the expected demand.   

iwasthere

the buses are full when the buses leave the wrta station but they are empty by the time they arrive at thier final destintion. the return trip back to the wrta station is th reverse. everyday wrta ridership has different numbers.

northside lurker

Quote from: Why?Town on January 20, 2013, 06:44:56 PM
I'm thinking that a 24 seat bus is all they ever need, not the 16 to 18 full sized coaches that Jim Ferraro wants.

The oldest of the full size--32 seat--buses are 12 years old.  Most transit agencies retire their buses when they reach 12 years old.  The newest of the full-size buses are 7 years old, BTW.  Sorry, I don't know how many full size buses are in the fleet.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Why?Town

Quote from: irishbobcat on January 20, 2013, 10:31:37 AM
Good question....but when the day comes we need a 24 seat bus...I'll be glad we have them....

I'm thinking that a 24 seat bus is all they ever need, not the 16 to 18 full sized coaches that Jim Ferraro wants.

jay

Not everyone who boards a WRTA bus downtown rides all the way to the end of the line.

On the 35-Cornersburg bus for example, some people board the bus at the Brandywine Apartments and then get off in the Wedgewood area.  That's about a two mile trip.  When homeowners won't shovel their sidewalks after a heavy snow, I've taken the bus for a one mile trip rather than risk walking through the deep snow.

Towntalk

I can remember the days when every seat in the buses were full and people were standing, and that was just on the inbound trips. The outbounds were just as full and folks were carrying packages.

Between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM things were slow, but then between 10:00 and Midnight, the buses were full again.