News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Woman Killed While Walking Along Shady Run Road

Started by jay, January 10, 2017, 05:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

That is a good idea and you should suggest it to the 7WCC President.

jay

I've heard that one south side block watch would like to apply for a grant to purchase a neighborhood snow thrower.

I would like the city to encourage all neighborhood groups to purchase and use snow removal equipment on residential sidewalks.

JoyceFarrell

JoyceFarrell

More

JoyceFarrell

You are absolutely right Jay, but there is a problem with the stretch of Shady Run Road where the accident happened. There is a sidewalk only on one side of the road, and no houses or businesses until you get down to the old WYTV Studios.

jay

Saw this news report recently

A woman was hit by a car in the evening while she was walking along Shady Run Road.  It was also reported that she was wearing dark clothing and was walking with traffic.  Apparently she was walking in the street because the sidewalks were covered with snow.

I've said this before.   Hardly anyone shovels the sidewalks anymore.  Now we have a tragedy because of it.