News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Live Meeting With The Mayor Tonight

Started by JoyceFarrell, March 27, 2017, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

Jay, for some reason, ptf330 took down the video they posted of that meeting. It was streamed but not preserved. Sad. not everyone was able to watch the live stream. Sorry about that.

jay

This link was not for the YNLC meeting with the mayor.

The link was for a candidates forum.

jay

Your link to the video does not work for me.

jay

I hope 330 starts to live cast Youngstown city council meetings.

JoyceFarrell

Did you point out that at public events such as this that TV stations cover it with their cameras and in today's technology, stream events on their internet site? This has been an issue since the advent of radio being able to leave the studio and do remote broadcasts. There are those who ask thaat their names not be used, or their images shown and the press will respect that, but now that Joe Bag of doughnuts possesses the same technology as the press via a smart phone that shield is gone.

In respect to this meeting, professional gear was used and permission given to stream it. This organization along with Youngstown Matters are recognized as legitamate outlets which is why we can access them.

If you will notice, in this event there was no audience, but a panel discussion, but I know that if someone wanted to ask a question and asked that they noy be shown, a person on the panel would field the question for them.

If that person were to go to a panel member with their question written down and ask them to ask it, I'm sure that panel member would do it.

Example: iwasthere was a panel member who asked questions. If the person who wwanted to remain annonamous asked him to ask the question, he would have.

jay

I had a discussion about live streaming with a few friends last night.   

Not everyone wants to have their picture and comments broadcast over the internet.  Could live streaming stifle participation by some members of the public?

JoyceFarrell

iwasthere:
You were at this meeting sitting in the corner, so please sir give us your astute opinion of what was accomplished at the meeting. Why weren't you sitting at the table with the Mayor?

JoyceFarrell

jay

If the streaming of this meeting works, I encourage the person responsible to live-stream future city council meetings.  The residents of Youngstown need to see how council meetings are run.

:o

JoyceFarrell

The Youngstown Neighborhood Leadership Council will meet with Mayor John McNally and other members of his administration this evening at the Oak Hill Collaborative. The meeting will be live streamed via PFT330 Facebook Live. The YNLC is a collaborative group of neighborhood leaders whose mission is to bring accountability to the City of Youngstown's policy decisions affecting neighborhoods.