News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Welcome To Downtown Youngstown

Started by Towntalk, May 13, 2015, 12:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on May 24, 2015, 09:06:40 AM
Gimme a Bud and a shot of Jim Beam and I'm good to go for an old fashion Charleston ... toss in a double of Four Roses and I'll jitterbug all the way to the loo. :laugh:
keep that up yg lady and you will see the moral police at your door with summons to evict you from the ytown ss. we folks in this part of town do not let our hair hang down like that while we drink our homemade beer and bathtub gin. :o

Towntalk

Gimme a Bud and a shot of Jim Beam and I'm good to go for an old fashion Charleston ... toss in a double of Four Roses and I'll jitterbug all the way to the loo. :laugh:

iwasthere

Quote from: Irishbobcat on May 18, 2015, 03:56:41 PM
I heard it was Golden Pheasant......Slovak beer!
WHATEVER IT WAS, IT MADE THE POLKA BUNNY IN A FESTIVE MOOD TO ALL TO SEE AND UTUBE IT. :D

Towntalk

What's the difference? ??? Gimmy a Bud or Miller.  ;D ;D  Just don't offer me any of that Made In Mexico garbage >:( !

Irishbobcat

I heard it was Golden Pheasant......Slovak beer!

iwasthere

Quote from: Irishbobcat on May 14, 2015, 06:52:42 AM
Regarding outside drinking in downtown...for 4 years now I have seen adults consume alcohol on 2 blocks of East Federal Street during the Simply Slavic Festival without

anyone being arrested for being drunk or disorderly.....or peeing in the streets......so don't get your undies tied up in knots......
you must had gone home when the polka bunny decided to do the bunny hop to the tune of the chardon polka band due to the fact the pb had too much of   the Croatian beer. :o

Irishbobcat

Regarding outside drinking in downtown...for 4 years now I have seen adults consume alcohol on 2 blocks of East Federal Street during the Simply Slavic Festival without

anyone being arrested for being drunk or disorderly.....or peeing in the streets......so don't get your undies tied up in knots......

iwasthere

THAT GOOD HAD BEEN ME TWENTY YRS AGO DURING MY "CELEBRATE YOUTH DAYS" ::) :o

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

You take life tooooooooooooo serious my friends way tooooooooooooooooooo serious. Lighten up and let the sunshine in.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Irishbobcat on May 13, 2015, 04:36:54 PM
Actually I think this guy hangs out at the saloons on the South Side of town...all up and down South Ave.

I frequent the new saloons downtown both day and night and have never seen a character like this......most patrons now down there are either professionals or retired professionals....

I wonder if that will still be the case after they start the outside drinking thing.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Irishbobcat

Actually I think this guy hangs out at the saloons on the South Side of town...all up and down South Ave.

I frequent the new saloons downtown both day and night and have never seen a character like this......most patrons now down there are either professionals or retired professionals....

cc4

Have you been downtown lately?  I have lunch there at least once a week and would not characterize

this "gentleman" as the average person I encounter.  The thing that makes me happy about going down

there as often as I do is the resurgence of the many restaurants (or as you would refer to them--"saloons")

at which I can have a good, non-alcoholic lunch.  Even your beloved Subway has a location inside 20 Federal Place.

Maybe you could treat your shopping friend to lunch some day after your trip to Liberty and see for yourself

what I'm talking about.

Towntalk

Meet Mr. West Federal Street, your average Downtown lay-about town drunk.