News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Coupon Inserts Not In Local Newspaper

Started by jay, November 30, 2010, 06:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Question:
I do not buy the Vindicator, so I do not know what the current situation is about coupons in the inserts, can anyone fill me in?

connie254

Except for Proctor and Gamble coupons which are in the paper every month on the average, the Vindicator has been shut out of the coupon market. Last year, Valassis?Red Plum and Smartsource( the two companies that print the coupon inserts) decided to  eliminate the smaller markets to many reasons. I have many websites that tell me what coupons will be in the paper each Sunday. Usually, the Proctor and Gamble coupons are in either the last or first Sunday's paper.
I've called the paper about the banner about saving X amount of dollars with coupons, because it's not even close to the amount of coupons that are in the insert. Their response was that amount included every possible coupon in the paper including individual store coupons.

I left comments to contact the Vindicator about coupons not being available to us last year on this forum and who to contact at the paper. I also posted it on the couponing forums that i belong to. Several people responded they would contact the paper including many from other states, because they were anxious if their paper would be frozen out of the coupons in the future. I never saw any remarks on this forums stating anyone would contact the paper about it.

My suggestion is to buy the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, and the Akron Beacon Journal. They have a good selection of coupons, follow the posts on hotcouponworld.com and afullcup.com for and ohcherrypicker.com for the deals using those coupons.

If you really are missing the coupons out of the paper, then by all means, contact the paper at the phone number. Good luck getting coupons from them. Your best bet is to stretch the truth and say you didn't get the paper. They don't/won't deliver the inserts only.

Towntalk

This might not be the case here, but several years ago the Vindicator started getting complaints about the absence of the coupon inserts, and after an investigation discovered that some people (not Vindicator employees) who had access to bundles of papers were removing all the coupon inserts before the papers were sold.

I would suggest that in the future you either purchase the paper via home delivery or from a Vindicator owned vending machine where the papers are placed by Vindicator drivers, and not stores that receive bundles and sell them loose.

Its imposable to believe that the Tribune Chronicle would have coupon inserts that were not also in the Vindicator. In the 22 years that I worked at the Vindicator it never happened.

I've heard of folks receiving multiple inserts, but if you are purchasing your Sunday paper at a store, especially a convince store and not getting your coupons, you can bet that the store is removing the coupons and turning the coupons in to get the money that the coupon vendors pay to stores.

Here's the number to call - Vindicator Customer Service  (330) 746-6561 and please, be polite and explain the problem and at what store you purchase the paper.

jay

Several people have told me that they have not been receiving the coupon inserts in the Sunday edition of the local newspaper.  Some find the coupons so valuable that they end up purchasing a newspaper from Warren just to get those coupons.