News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cracking Down

Started by ForumManager, August 05, 2010, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Is it 1984 already? Big Brother is watching me.

So, if I understand this correctly, all members can see who has been warned? If so, why don't you just pin a yellow star
on us like the Nazi's pinned on the Jews?

Also, If I understand this correctly, once you assume a warning and are issued points, those points are never removed?

thus, one is labeled for life as a "text offender?"  Should I register my computer with law officials, since I am now a known

voiolator of the Forum Director?

Yes, Big Brother is alive and well and now living on this forum. This should make all the neo-cons happy......

next step, removing us violators to Mexico!!!!!

ForumManager

Warnings will only be issued if a post is reported to a moderator through the forum system.  Emails on the side will not be considered.

Do not assume that a filed report will automatically result in a warning. It will be taken under consideration. When reporting, please give details of the offense.

Levels that will commonly  be used on this forum

Off topic after being addressed once about staying stay on topic - Warning level 5

Abusive language, name calling, harassment, antagonism   - Warning level 10

Details about warning levels on this forum

Warning level for user watch - 10
The user warning level after which a user watch is put in place

Warning level for user muting - 100
The user warning level after which a user cannot post any further

Maximum user warning points per day - 20
This value is the maximum amount of warning points a single moderator can assign to a user in a 24 hour period

Users who can see warning status - all members

ForumManager

However the recent complaints have been about people not staying on topic and hijacking threads with side topics. People can post more topics if they feel the need,. Reminder to do so.   I appreciate all  of the conversation if kept civil, however netiquette does ask that forum posts stay on topic.

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on August 05, 2010, 11:40:59 PM
I don't know, I think ever since the last clean up the post have been more hear say free and civil.  Sometimes free association is stimulated by a topic and the side topic is more interesting.  Rick stands out more because his post are more of facts than mudslinging.  Again since the last purge, it seems that the members who engage in character assassination have fled.

Youngstownshrimp

I don't know, I think ever since the last clean up the post have been more hear say free and civil.  Sometimes free association is stimulated by a topic and the side topic is more interesting.  Rick stands out more because his post are more of facts than mudslinging.  Again since the last purge, it seems that the members who engage in character assassination have fled.

ForumManager

I volunteer for several organizations and work full time. I have been at organization meetings every night this week and have just walked in  the door. I receive and write  copious emails related to work and orgs.  I simply don't have the time to keep up. Sorry

Rick Rowlands

Why can't you read every post?  I have an obviously busy schedule, but still manage to read every post on the MV forum, and visit at least three other and much more active forums on a daily basis.  We may get a dozen new posts here on a good day and that is certainly within the realm of a moderator to be able to keep track of.

ForumManager

If posts are reported we can better monitor. We cannot read every post. Please use the report feature if you feel someone is not following the board's guidelines.
Iwasthere, Please read the Terms of Use before egging anyone on.

iwasthere

RR i do not take anyone personal attacks against me personally. i worked in a factory for thirty yrs that made my skin tuff as leather. i survived chairs being thrown at me, barroom fights, Italian holidays with family, brothers and sisters not speaking to me because what i said to them whether i was somber or intoxicated and vise versa. did i take those personal attacks personal? no, i say i still have that special touch that brings the best out of people when debating. it is part of the debate on this forum. i do find offensive is incorrect information or half truths about discussed topics.  have a nice day RR and watch out for flying chairs on this board. ;D

Rick Rowlands

Thanks for stepping up the moderation of this Forum. 

Might I suggest that Dennis Spisak's excessive "variation on a theme" posts be inappropriate for this forum.  This year it is "dirty coal Strickland", before that it was Bob Hagan.  Then the unceasing personal attacks on Dan Moadus, Sarge, Youngstownshrimp and myself because of the conservative viewpoints that we have.  His posts are "hit and run".  He makes statements and accusations then when refuted will simply make a personal insult and then run away. It can be offensive to me and my "pea sized brain" (his words)!

To be fair sometimes I do make personal attacks, but I try to not make it a habit. I'll watch what I post a little more carefully from now on.

ForumManager

Folks, we are cracking down on inappropriate posts.
Please report inappropriate posts and the abusers will be given a warning if moderators feel it is warranted.