News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Report Missing Street Signs...

Started by yfdgricker, January 08, 2007, 02:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmo-Ytown

Put in for new street signs, South Heights Ave. from Loveland to Ipes Field. They said it will be 1-2 weeks.

yfdgricker

Quote from: yfdgricker on January 12, 2007, 06:58:51 PM
Erie and Lowell has been called into the sign shop as of 1/12/2007.

Our new street signs were put up in the past couple of weeks!

nikkiware2

I reported Lee Ave today no signs at either block on the street. Had to ask mailman if I was on the right street.

yfdgricker

Erie and Lowell has been called into the sign shop as of 1/12/2007.

Mary_Krupa

Thanks, Greg, for keeping this important topic alive.

Since the Snoop Block Watch September 8th request for new signs on Powers Way, I subsequently contacted the Street Department on October 10th and October 30th for progress reports. It is true that only one person makes the signs and installs the signs. As of today, we still haven't gotten our Powers Way signs.

This is nothing if not pathetic.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

yfdgricker

This is something that I feel everyone needs to help out with. Missing street signs are not just a problem for visitors and citizens, it is a MAJOR problem for fire, police and EMS. If you are in need of an ambulance, your concern shouldn't be "...hummm is there or isn't there a street sign at the corner of my block". Many of the city's police officers and firefighters are pretty proficient in knowing where streets are but I have been a couple instances where fire units were delayed because the street lacked a street sign.

I felt like I should repost this from a previous post and I saw the Snoop Block Watch also listed it in their newsletter they were so kind to upload on the site...

To have new street signs put up, call the City Sign Shop at (330) 743-1494. Keep in mind that there is one person who makes the signs and puts them up so it takes several weeks.  On September 8th, we requested new signs for Powers Way from Pine Hollow Drive through Pointview Avenue. If you know of any missing, rusted or dilapidated signs, call the number above to put them on the list.  The sloppy appearance of our signs adds to the overall rundown look of the neighborhood. Let's stop this!

If you see a street sign in need of replacement or repair, please call and report it. Your fire, police and EMS workers will appreciate it!

Also, if you find a street sign missing, post it here so we know it's been called in!

Stay safe!