News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Police/Fire Scanner Link

Started by jay, November 14, 2006, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

Can someone please check the links again and see if they work now? Please post here.Thanks!

ForumManager

Getting a not found on all 3 links.

yfdgricker

Can someone check the feed links for the online scanner and tell me if they are working?

Thanks!

ForumManager

Quote from: Elmo-Ytown on July 26, 2008, 05:12:37 PM
Using Windows, I've never been able to get them to work. I've tried using a mozilla firefox browser also.

In Firefox go to tools, options, content, file types, manage.  It ill show how files are handled. If you can list the items that handle audio files and windows media maybe we can get to the bottom of the issue. Does it show a missing plugin in the new page when you click the link?

ForumManager

Greg,
I really think it is a browser set up issue.  The link works ok for me.

yfdgricker

I'll reboot the computer Sunday morning and post a reply here. We'll see if that fixes the problem.

Elmo-Ytown

Using Windows, I've never been able to get them to work. I've tried using a mozilla firefox browser also.

ForumManager

QuoteI still can't get the scanner links to work, I click on them, and the page comes up and says page cannot be displayed?
It works ok from here. Did you post a message about a problem previously?  Sorry if it was missed.
Maybe it has something to do with your browser set up.
What browser do you use and does it have all the multimedia plugins and add ons enable?

Elmo-Ytown

I still can't get the scanner links to work, I click on them, and the page comes up and says page cannot be displayed?

yfdgricker

As of 2/20/2007, I've added the Police Intercity frequency to the scanner (155.370). OSP and YPD have been using the joint frequency to communicate with each other during the Special Interdiction Patrol (SIP). Ohio State Patrol units are 800 numbered cars.

yfdgricker

That depends on if you are hearing them say signal 3 or if they are saying go to channel 3. A signal 3 is a shooting/stabbing and they stay on the main channel usually. Channel 3, also known as car to car, is a lower powered frequency. Sometimes it's hard to hear cars when they are on channel 3 unless they are in the general neighborhood. A better antenna hooked up to the scanner would probably help get better reception. I'll most likely be changing antennas in the near future.

FYI - The scanner feeds will be down from 4pm to midnight on Saturday 1/13 so I can take the radios to the GYMA After Xmas Xmas party. They will go back online when I get home.

Greg

Mary

Greg thank you very much for putting these feeds up! I do have a question though. It says for YPD it picks up channels one, two and three. However when they go to signal three nothing comes though. Is there something i am missing?

ForumManager

Well the scanner graphic isn't working in graphite in 800 by 600.
Back to the drawing board.

ForumManager

I've added a tab for the scanner feeds at the top of the default forum just in case people don't have the top section expanded.

ForumManager

The scanner image is now on the graphite theme.
It looks really good too since it is red and black!