News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Garlic Planting Workshop - Monday, October 27

Started by jay, October 25, 2014, 05:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

Unbelievable.
From a young lass back home, I helped my Father and Grandmother in their garden and apple orchard, as well as her raspberry bushes, and would help my Aunt in her vineyard in exchange for a homemade grape jelly and peanut butter sandwich.
I wasn't a country lass by any means but back then we all pitched in with the chores, and this was true with all the families in our neighborhood.

jay

Many inner city folks don't know how to properly raise vegetables.  Some even have a hard time identifying vegetables in their whole form.  I recently witnessed a woman ask a question about an apple......she was pointing to a red tomato.

Towntalk

My goodness gracious, are people so woefully ignorent about planting and maintaining a garlic patch that they need someone give them a crash course? I grew up in a neighborhood that was predominately Italian and every family grew garlic. Shoot, it's not rocket science. The next thing we'll see announced is a course on how to pin dipers on babies.

jay

FREE Garden Planting Workshop

Monday, October 27
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

- Location -
Garfield Community Garden
Woodland Street N.E.
Warren, Ohio

The hands-on garlic planting workshop facilitated by Matt Herbuck will include an overview of best practices for planting and maintaining your garlic crop using organic, sustainable methods.  Matt will lead the group through a garlic planting session in the communal section of Garfield Community Garden.