News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Will The Price Of Gasoline Drop Below $3.00?

Started by jay, September 18, 2014, 05:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on December 16, 2014, 11:55:13 PM
What are diesel prices looking like around Y-Town, folks?

Diesel prices are not nearly as stable, and vary wildly from station to station, i.e. 3.89 at one and a mile down the road it's 3.76, while at the interstate, it's 3.65.
At least here on the north side.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Amen.  The falling gas prices are helping folks out by giving them just a little more
wiggle room in their budgets.  I can't remember the Last time I was able to put
half a tank of gas in my truck for $35.00

The same holds true for businesses who rely on transport.

What are diesel prices looking like around Y-Town, folks?

Towntalk

For a family on minimum wage already struggling to make ends meet, those "few pennies" are the difference between putting bread on the table, or going to bed hungry. It might not make sense to you that a father would drive from his home say on Mahoning and Maryland, to a gas station on Belmont ave. where the gas is .18 cents cheaper. True, he would save only about $1.80, but in the course of a month that $1.80 becomes $7.20. And how long does it to drive from that location to Belmont Avenue using the expressway?
My friend has told me about a family we both know who is going through hard times. He has health issues, his wife is a semi-invilade because of an auto accident, and that savings means everything because they chose not to go on welfare. He can only work part time, and it's hard because in better days he was earning good money and was able to help finance their daughter through college.

jay

If you only use a few gallons of gasoline each week, it doesn't make much sense to drive all over the place to save a couple pennies per gallon.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on December 16, 2014, 07:27:21 AM
For all too many Youngstowners that .10 to .15 cents a gallon means a whole lot ... it saves more money to pay bills with, to put food on the table, to pay for medicine. Every penny saved up counts my friend and that is the bottom line. There are several service stations within the city where fuel can be purchased for a lower price than the stations on the West Side, so shouldn't our friends on the West Side buy their fuel there rather than the more expensive West Side fuel? Whether it's purchased on Logan Avenue, or Mahoning Avenue it's the same gas, and maby if enough people avoided the higher fuel on Mahoning Avenue it would force the prices down there for the benefit of all West Siders.

I agree.   ;)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on December 15, 2014, 11:16:08 PM
FOR PEGGY
I keep forgetting that if it's even an inch outside the city limits that some of our friends on that side of town refuse to trade with them even if they would be saving money with each fillup.
Yep, silliness.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

For all too many Youngstowners that .10 to .15 cents a gallon means a whole lot ... it saves more money to pay bills with, to put food on the table, to pay for medicine. Every penny saved up counts my friend and that is the bottom line. There are several service stations within the city where fuel can be purchased for a lower price than the stations on the West Side, so shouldn't our friends on the West Side buy their fuel there rather than the more expensive West Side fuel? Whether it's purchased on Logan Avenue, or Mahoning Avenue it's the same gas, and maby if enough people avoided the higher fuel on Mahoning Avenue it would force the prices down there for the benefit of all West Siders.

jay

Supporting City Businesses = Creating Jobs In The City

Towntalk

FOR PEGGY
I keep forgetting that if it's even an inch outside the city limits that some of our friends on that side of town refuse to trade with them even if they would be saving money with each fillup.

Towntalk

SPEEDWAY - Belmont Ave. $2.45
GETGO - Belmont Ave. $2.45
SHELL - Belmont Ave. $2.45
BP - Belmont Ave. 2.47

jay

Peggy Gurney

$2.48 on Logan Ave, north side.
Locally owned.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Corner of Gypsy and Belmont