News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Wean United

Started by Towntalk, October 19, 2010, 09:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I believe the demolition process works this way in Youngstown; the State supplies demolition money to the City, the City pays for the demolition, the owner is liened, the City collects the cost and deposits the collected debt somewhere internally.  This is what I and others suspect, wish we had an answer.  Isn't the collected debt suppose to be returned to the State or Federal government?

Rick Rowlands

Why do that if the government will use your and my money to do it!  That is how convoluted our government has become! 

jay

Why doesn't the owner of the property pay to demolish the building?

Jaime Hughes

A few years ago I proposed to Youngstown Government that they do something creative with the building, I had suggested lighting up the windows that face market street to breathe some form of life into it. I would loooveee to save this building but I am not sure what it could be used for? How big is it?

Rick Rowlands

The city doesn't own it.  Its owned by Bill Marsteller.   The building in question was the William Tod Co. erecting shop, built in 1902.  A very historically significant structure.

jay

Who owns the building?

Wasn't a pipe company in there?

Towntalk

According to today's paper, a portion of the Wean United building will be torn down, that part near the Market Street bridge and behind the City Hall Annex. What does the city plan to use the freed up land for, another parking lot? Is downtown Youngstown so busy that it needs so much parking that every time a building is demolished the land becomes a parking lot?

Just asking, not complaining.