News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Wick and Stambaugh Buildings

Started by northside lurker, September 18, 2012, 03:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on September 19, 2012, 12:06:11 AM
I've been known to get drunk as a skunk on my birthdays  ;D  but otherwise as sober as a proverbial judge as I ate my prime steaks. But partying? I was a homebody ... family first, last and always. And very few people were welcome into our circle.
at least you were no sour puss in your woolly days as a yg flapper. :D

Towntalk

I've been known to get drunk as a skunk on my birthdays  ;D  but otherwise as sober as a proverbial judge as I ate my prime steaks. But partying? I was a homebody ... family first, last and always. And very few people were welcome into our circle.

iwasthere

tt i bet you were the party girl in the hey day of ytown dt.

Towntalk

No, but then I ain't much of a drinker ... a glass of top shelf wine with my meal preferably French is as far as I go, (followed by a good hardy burp  :laugh: .)

iwasthere

i enjoyed having lunch or dinner at the wr. i would go every thursday for their ethnic night. tt do you remeber mary the bartender at the wr? a grt frd.

Towntalk

The name of the restaurant that was on the 6th floor of the Wick building was the Western Reserve Room owned by Strauss Department Store and connected to the Department Store. It served upscale meals at reasonable prices. It wasn't for those that live on sandwiches and other low class dishes. Both meals and service was top notch. No offense to those who live on sandwiches and other "working class" meals.  ;D :laugh:

northside lurker

A brief history and recent interior photographs of the Wick and Stambaugh Buildings:
http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,27878.0.html
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison