News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

World War II Documentary To Be Shown In Youngstown - Saturday, May 16

Started by jay, May 12, 2015, 07:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on May 13, 2015, 11:24:45 AM
Saddly it was only mentioned in passing on the History Channel's World War 2 shows. There were many real life heros that risked and gave their lives that were written out of the history of that war, and unfortunately with each passing year we lose more of the men and women who were directly involved in the war, and with their passing their knowledge dies with them. My heart breaks every time I hear of the passing of another WW2 Vet.
I DO AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT, TT. MY UNCLE SHOWED ME PICS THAT HE TOOK OF BOMB OUT DRESDAN, GERMANY AFTER HE ARRIVED WHEN GERMANY SURRENDERED TO THE ALLIES.

Towntalk

Saddly it was only mentioned in passing on the History Channel's World War 2 shows. There were many real life heros that risked and gave their lives that were written out of the history of that war, and unfortunately with each passing year we lose more of the men and women who were directly involved in the war, and with their passing their knowledge dies with them. My heart breaks every time I hear of the passing of another WW2 Vet.

iwasthere

I LOVE THIS TYPE OF HISTORY THAT MAKES IT MORE PERSONAL TO ONE'S CULTURE.

jay

Youngstown Viewing of the World War II Documentary
Final Mission

Saturday, May 16, 12:00 Noon

Dušan Hudec, independent Slovak filmmaker and his producer, Darina Zmržova, will be coming into Youngstown on May 16th to have a showing of the Final Mission film.  This documentary film tells the story of American airmen shot down over Slovakia during WWII and taken in and hidden from the Germans by Slovak villagers. It is a story most people have never heard...neither here nor in Slovakia! It is especially appropriate since May 16th is also Armed Forces Day.

- Viewing Location -
First Presbyterian Church Hall
Wick Avenue at Wood Street
Youngstown, Ohio