News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mill Creek Maple Syrup Goes On Sale - Tuesday, May 12

Started by jay, May 07, 2015, 08:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

My friend takes me out there often to shop. I agree that their food stuffs are great.

PD

If you go to White House farms they have local maple syrup. Also local honey. It's a little pricier but better product and not all the junk in it

Towntalk

And after youse guys used up da stuff, den youse is out-a-luck till da next batch comes in next year, so dat means dat youse is gonna have ta use store bought stuff. Poor youse :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D

PD

I got some syrup last weekend after the clean up. It is delicious

AllanY2525

My great grandmother had a house on Western Reserve road in Canfield.
She used to make maple syrup every year from the grove of trees behind
her farm house, in a "sugar house" (so she called it) on the farm.

I remember helping her pound the little metal spigots into the trees in the
spring when the sap started flowing, and hanging little buckets on them.

iwasthere

TT I AM ON A LIMITED PENSION AND THIS PRICE IS STEEP FOR ME IN MY MONTHLY BUDGET. :o

jay

I purchased a bottle this morning.   I guess they started selling the syrup way before 10:00 a.m.

Towntalk

Shoot, my friend, it's well worth it. I love Mill Creek Park, always did, and always will. When we were living on the west side, Mill Creek Park was our back yard. When I went to school, I went through the park. In the summer I hiked through the park at least once a week, when we were going through rough times with my Stepfather dying of cancer, we'd take Mother for trips to Fellow's Riverside Gardens to get her mind off her worries for a while. No Jay, for all that that park has given to us, $15.00 is not too much.

jay

The maple syrup is $15 per bottle.  Keep in mind this is a fundraiser for the playground project at the Wick Recreation Area in Mill Creek Park.

I think of it this way.  For my $15 donation to the playground project, I receive a bottle of locally produced maple syrup.

jay

jay

Mill Creek Maple Syrup
Goes on Sale

Tuesday, May 12, 10:00 a.m.

- Sales Location -
Davis Building
Fellows Riverside Gardens
McKinley Street
Youngstown, Ohio

Maple Syrup produced by members of the
Rocky Ridge Neighborhood Association