News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

State takeover of Youngstown City School District...

Started by AllanY2525, July 01, 2015, 01:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

There is going to be an anti-takeover rally and march on Tuesday afternoon.

Irishbobcat

At publication, the SimplyHired jobs website says the average salary for a charter school teacher is $36,000. Charter school salaries also vary by location, with Los Angeles teachers earning $40,000 while teachers in Chicago earn $39,000. The Mackinac Center for Public Policy says Michigan charter school teachers earned an average salary of $42,864 in 2013, below the $63,024 salary conventional school teachers enjoyed. In 2014, Texas charter school teacher salaries also vary widely, at a range of $14,497 to $53,907 annually.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_7801133_average-teacher-salary-charter-school.html

Youngstownshrimp

The problem is not the schools. It is the lack of a true home. The ghetto home is nothing but a drug and baby producing den.  Until the leadership acknowledges this, they will always hide the truth. 

Work camp and orphanages are the true answers to government slavery.

AllanY2525

Quote from: Irishbobcat on July 04, 2015, 03:28:56 PM
State takeover will eventually lead to turning YCS into a charter system and then union busting.....just think of the teachers who will jump at the chance of teaching there for $19,000 a year...

Is there any info that could point towards the average salary of charter school teachers?

Bottom line is, anything that can get the city's education system working again at this
point is what is needed...even if that ends up being more charter schools.

Irishbobcat

State takeover will eventually lead to turning YCS into a charter system and then union busting.....just think of the teachers who will jump at the chance of teaching there for $19,000 a year...

Youngstownshrimp

Yes Allan, work camps for the crackhead, heron mother and the DNA idle able bodied father.  Orphanages are better for the child than the two. At least it will a fighting chance.

AllanY2525

Ron,

I agree with special schools for troubled kids ("boot camp" style, with lots
of "tough love" and discipline).  Any kid that has proven to be violent,
disruptive, engaging in illegal activities, TRUANT, carrying weapons or
other contraband onto school property should be removed from the school system.

Send them to one of these schools until they can modify their bad behaviours
and start getting an education, getting back on the right track and respecting
others.

The parents should be summoned into court for the proceedings, and a
warrant issued for failure to appear if they do not show up.

Towntalk

READ OUR LIPS BOARD MEMBERS --- You aren't fit to run a garbage dump much less the Board of Education --- YOU'VE FAILED OUR CHILDREN THESE PAST 12 YEARS --- FAILURES ONE AND ALL!
http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/jul/02/academic-commission-leader-unaware-member-involvem/

Youngstownshrimp

I wrote this many times here. The answer is simple, but tough love:

"Work camps and orphanages. "

AllanY2525

Quote from: jay on July 01, 2015, 05:46:46 AM
Why should we continue to pay property taxes for a school system that we have no control over whatsoever?

The taxes are to cover the cost of operating the schools and providing an education, regardless
of who controls the system.  Youngstown had 12 years to get its SH## together and have a
public school system that works - under its own control.  If the city, the school board,
all of the various religious and community groups AND the parents COMBINED couldn't make
this happen in 12 years, then it's time for someone else to step in and take over.  Period.

The fact that the state has to step in now and fix the problem doesn't mean that the schools
no longer need funding. 

Two separate things - one the financing of the system, the other a decent education for
the childrens' future.

As far as the parents' role, I agree that all parents should support their childrens' education
and do everything within their power to make it happen, but the blame cannot be completely
put upon the parents if the teachers and staff in the schools aren't getting through to these
kids on some level.

The staff and administration are still responsible for keeping disruptive and dangerous
kids away from those who are trying to learn, also.

As Malcolm X said, "By any means necessary".

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: iwasthere on July 01, 2015, 12:18:34 PM
jesus christ and his twelve apostles cannot turn ard the ytown schools system until the parents are totally one hundred precent involved with their children's lives 24/7, 360 days a week. children having children is not a formula for success in anyone's life.

Agree!!
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

jesus christ and his twelve apostles cannot turn ard the ytown schools system until the parents are totally one hundred precent involved with their children's lives 24/7, 360 days a week. children having children is not a formula for success in anyone's life.

iwasthere

i heard karen green from the human resource was shredding documents when she heard she was going to be axed from her job. it is a rumor but one can find out.

jay

Why should we continue to pay property taxes for a school system that we have no control over whatsoever?

I recently signed nominating petitions for two new Youngstown School Board candidates.  Are these two candidates going to take office at all?

Towntalk

Now that iwasthere declared me Empress of the 7th Ward and Queen of Midlothian Blvd. I say that both the Board and Union should just shut their mouths. 12 years of FALURE ... COUNT THEM T-W-E-L-V-E YEARS OF FAILURE. I suggest that if the board had one ounce of honesty in themselves they would all step down and tender their resgnatons.