News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The last days of WASN radio...1500AM

Started by irishbobcat, January 03, 2013, 12:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Within this market, the Black community is clearly underserved so far as radio is concerned, so hopefully whoever ends up with the station will fill this gap, and give the station the support financially that it needs to succeed. Applying for more power and time also wouldn't go amiss. Sunup/sunset low power stations are not the most desirable when it comes to sponsors buying time, and that is essential for any station to succeed. In order to compete WASN would need at least 1000 watts and a 24/7 schedule over the air, which would necessitate a frequency change.

irishbobcat

I have last heard that a very prominent African-American business man was going to buy them all and bring the jamz brand back to life like WAMO 660/100.1. Also I have heard that former owner Atty Percey Squire,and a group of investors was also going to attempt to buy them as they wanted to get back into radio.

iwasthere

t y we can have rd table discussion on the irs with the bloggers on this ws.

Towntalk

Great point iwasthere.

iwasthere

this internet rs can help bring more people to this ws.

Towntalk

We, your devoted fans are very serious Jay. Your contacts, and your wealth of knowledge are much needed. By buying this internet station and going on the air with it, you can be a real powerhouse for change.

jay

QuoteHey, and I bet we can buy a building in downtown Youngstown for $6,200 and put the radio station there.

$6,200   :o

I'm emptying my piggy bank right now.

Towntalk

How deep are Jay's pockets? I note that as yet, he hasn't chimed in? Doesn't he realize that he has a fan club that is looking out for his best interests?

irishbobcat

Heck, we can rent the space once occupied by the Magic Mocha and sell coffee and doughnuts while we broadcast!

Towntalk

Actually all the space we would need is a table in the food court of 20 Federal Plaza West and a laptop ... but what about a WiFi connection? Maby Jay could talk one of the restaurant owners on the west side to put in the connections.

irishbobcat

Hey, and I bet we can buy a building in downtown Youngstown for $6,200 and put the radio station there..... :)

iwasthere

i see this as win win situation for the voiceless to have a voice.

Towntalk

I don't know Jay personally, and while I might disagree with him at times, I do respect him and his commitment to a better city.

Perhaps if Jay takes this opportunity to expand his voice, Dennis, who is a very well qualified expert on radio broadcasting could help him get started so that it has a professional flavor.

We need a voice like Jay's in this market.

iwasthere

this would be a grt venue for jay. is he unemployed or retired?

Towntalk

This would be a perfect opportunity for Jay since he's so interested in our community. He's a great advocate for good government and it would give him a great forum. I know that if he was to buy it, I would make a point of listening on a regular basis, and that is saying a lot since I don't listen to talk radio these days.

Who knows, he could even be the next Dan Ryan.