News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Of Youngstown Natural Gas Program

Started by jay, September 26, 2016, 05:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

jazz218

Aggregation has absolutely nothing to do with the local government's ability to "negotiate". The rates are primarily influenced by the following factors: 1) anticipated raw material and service delivery market cost of the utility service over the life of the contract; and 2) the aggregate group's payment history.

What causes Youngstown's rates to be higher is the existence of many delinquent accounts within the aggregate group. 

I can guarantee you that Newton Township's negotiators are no more crafty that they are anywhere else.

jay

Newton Township just negotiated a new price for residential natural gas users.
The new rate will be $2.89 per Mcf.

Maybe we should hire the Newton Township administrators to negotiate Youngstown's natural gas rates in the future.

iwasthere

a no brainer. boardman township's residents recd the same postcards according to my close news sources. :o

jay

The City of Youngstown recently negotiated a natural gas price for all residents of the city.  A mailing sent out at the end of last week indicated that the new price would be $3.47 per MCF.  I guess that's the best price the city administration was able to negotiate.

At the beginning of last week, west side residents received a postcard in the mail from another natural gas supplier.  This supplier's rate was much lower, $2.67 per MCF.

If you received these two mailings, are you going to switch your gas service to the company offering the lower rate?