News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Citizens Learn What's Wrong With City Council

Started by jay, September 22, 2016, 05:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the vindy article makes the ytown reps look like bunch of keystone cops.

jay

Rushblvd

Oh I agree iwasthere. Many of us do not subscribe to the Vindicator, I myself would pay for a subscription, yet never receive the paper..Ummm that seems wrong as well!!  But, let us focus on the injustice happening on the Eastside. ..The residents should have been informed of how they are to address City Council..And that's it..

iwasthere

rushgal it is my understanding that this decision about the eastside proprieties was written in the vindy to informed the general public. I fault the council rep in the said properties ward not informing the properties owners about council procedures. the ytown council is operating in a shameful manner when they the council reps did not allow the proprieties owners to say what is on their mind concerning their proprieties. >:(

Rushblvd

I am all for progress, but this seems VERY WRONG.. Since I was not at the Council meeting, and I do not have all the facts, it is hard to weigh in. But, can anyone who was at the meeting answer me this:
1. Did the residents get notice from their Councilperson that this was going to be voted on at this meeting?
2. Did the Councilperson/Mayor let the residents know their course of ACTION before hand?
3. Has the legal aid department been notified to help these residents?

It seems to me that the dollar amount being offered to these residents to take over the property is an injustice.

iwasthere

ytown leaders are afraid that the ytown residents will expose their incompetences in the leadership abilities.

jay

Citizens from the east side came to Wednesday's city council meeting to voice their objection to the city's plan to turn their neighborhood into an industrial zone.

Question
Why were the citizens not allowed to speak at the city council meeting?

Answer
The citizens did not apply for permission to speak one week in advance of the council meeting.

This rule of city council stinks.  How are most citizens able to know a week in advance that an issue that affects them will be voted on during the next city council meeting?