News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Another South Side Restaurant to Close Its Doors

Started by jay, March 25, 2015, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

rr there are people in ytown that still have their FIRST COMMUNION MONEY in which they are going to leave it to their fam and frds that live in the subs.  ;D

Rick Rowlands

There are no pockets to pick in Youngstown.  Everyone is broke.   Canfield is where many of the business owners and city workers live at, and any candidate should not ignore the stakeholders in the city.  Residency does not solely define who is a Youngstowner. 

iwasthere

the ytown residents must turn around the perception that ytown is a a dangerous place to live, play and eat. all the mentioned restaurants were closed due to miss management, the perception of safety, and a few robberies that occurred were address by the ypd. part of the blame is our city leaders do nothing to support and encourage to shop, eat and play in ytown. santisi, a fifth ward ytown council candidate had his fundraiser at TIPPOCANOE COUTRY CLUB IN CANDFIELD, OH, THE FRIDAY BEFORE GOOD FRIDAY. how can ytown businesses survive when its own candidate goes to a country club in another town to pick pockets in which ninety percent of those picked pockets do not live in ytown.

AllanY2525

Youngstown's history never  ceases to amaze me.....gosh, I wish time travel
were possible....

:D

Towntalk

Towntalk

The address for the CLUB-MERRY-GO-ROUND was 1281 Salt Spring Road, Youngstown, Ohio. By the way, you didn't get in looking like a slob ... they had a dress code.

Towntalk

One of, if not the finest restaurant in Youngstown's history was on Salt Springs Road on the West Side and was the Club Merry-Go-Round. Not only was their entire menu TOP SHELF, but they also had TOP SHELF floor shows featuring internationally famous TOP SHELF  singers and bands of the BIG BAND ERA. It finally closed in the 1950's, but no other restaurant EVER could compare with it ... not even the Cedars. The Club-Merry-Go-Round could be compared to the great restaurants in New York and Hollywood.

Towntalk

If you want to concentrate on all the restaurants that have closed on the South Side to the exclusion of the other sides of the city there are literally dozens that could be added to that list such as several in the Uptown District, several on Glenwood Avenue, several on Market Street below the Uptown District so what is your point? That South Siders do not support restaurants here like they do on the West Side? Traditionally "locally owned restaurants" come and go all the time as trends change, and lets face it, restaurants are not a measure of an area's economic health like other retail businesses such as stores or industries.
So are you suggesting that we stop eating at home and dine exclusively on restaurant fare? I doubt it, but judging from your fixation with restaurants that's the impression we get. 
Personally I enjoy cooking my own meals here at home and as a result, most of my food money is spent in supermarkets.
Some of my friends are on restricted diets and can not dine out. Others do not dine out for religious reasons such as some of my observant Orthodox Jewish friends.

jay

QuotePlease list the names of all the south side eateries that have closed in the past ten years.

Here are a few.

The Roadhouse
Nancy's Place
Angelo's Pizza
Jolly Joe's
Johnny's
Busy Bee
The Grill
Backyard Dogs
KFC
Dragon Palace
South Avenue DQ
Captain Fish

Towntalk

North Side Residents
How many north side restaurants have closed in the past ten years?

Towntalk

Downtown Residents

Please tell us how many downtown restaurants have closed since 1980?

Towntalk

West Side Residents

Please list the names of all the west side restaurants that have closed in the past 25 years. Please list ALL of them and not just the locally owned restaurants.

jay

South Side Residents

Please list the names of all the south side eateries that have closed in the past ten years.

Towntalk

Just because we don't come here every time we dine out at one of our SS restaurants doeesn't mean that we don't dine out ...shoot I frequant the restaurant next door to me at least twice a week, but have no compelling need to brag about it.

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on March 31, 2015, 08:13:48 PM
This is what happens when south side residents don't patronize their locally owned south side restaurants.

:'(
I DISAGREE ON THIS STATEMENT THE YTOWN SS RESIDENTS ALWAYS SUPPORTED THEIR BUSINESSES. THE SECOND NEW OWNERS WERE TOTALLY UNFIT TO RUN A BUSINESS LET ALONE A RESTAURANT. THE THIRD OWNERS HIKED THE PRICES UP THAT THE AVERAGE COUPLE HAD A BILL THAT WAS FIFTY DOLLARS AT THE END OF THE NITE IN WHICH A YR AGO WAS HALF THE AMOUNT. I NEVER HEARD ANY YTOWN COUNCIL REPS SPONSOR A NITE OUT AT ANY RESTAURANTS ON THEIR SIDE OF TOWN TO INDICE BUSINESS TO THE YTOWN RESTAURANTS.