News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Sixth Ward Council Candidate's Pancake Fundraiser - Saturday, March 7

Started by jay, March 01, 2015, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

I just learned that a sitting councilman attended Christine's fundraiser.   Should that be considered an endorsement of her candidacy?

Towntalk

Since St. Pat is in the 1st Ward, then I say, put all your efforts into serving the people in the first ward, and tell the people in the 6th Ward to go to blazes. St. Pat has done MORE for the people of the 6th Ward, than all the other South Side churches combined, even though 95% of them are neither Catholic or members of St. Pats. The Church allowed the Pancake do because it is committed to ALL the people of the 6th Ward REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEIR RELIGION IS. FURTHER, THE PASTOR OF ST. PATRICK HAS DONE MORE FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE 6th WARD THAN ALL THE OTHER PASTORS OF ALL THE OTHER CHURCHES IN THE 6th WARD! THAT INCLUDES SUPPORTING NEW BUSINESSES FOR THE 6TH WARD!

jay

I would like to see all councilmen promote businesses and events in their own wards.  That is how they could get their own ward to prosper.

She is not in office so I will let her slide this time.

Towntalk

Do you mean to sit there and tell us that you've never been to St. Pats? PHYSICALLY it is on the South Side -- 1420 Oak Hill Avenue, but for VOTING PURPOSES, it is in the 1st Ward -- 1C to be exact. Now should she be holding an event that is not located exactly in the 6th Ward, I'll leave it to the nit pickers to answer that question.

jay

jay

According to her Facebook page, she appears to be very active in the community.

PD

I hope for the cities sake that she wins
We need educated hard working people not ignorance and a feeling of entitlement

jay

jay

FYI

Fundraiser Pancake Breakfast For
Christine Silvestri , Democrat for 6th Ward Youngstown City Council

Donation: $20

Saturday, March 7
9:30 a.m. - Noon

- Location -