News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cardinal Mooney High School May Move From The South Side

Started by jay, July 13, 2012, 05:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

LONG OVERDO UPDATE:

The Bishop, in his wisdom will not move Mooney after all. It will remain right where it is and will continue to turn out great students.

Towntalk

My tears flow like a bubbling mountain stream down to the sea over the loss of Cardinal Mooney, just as they flowed when Sacred Heart School was closed. Sacred Heart was my parish,and my mother, was the church organist who also helped the Sisters with their students. Unfortunately, it's not up to us to dictate to the Bishop unless we want to go over to his head and appeal to the Cardinal or even the Pope.

I understand where Jay is coming from, and in most other matters, I agree with him, but there are some events in the lives of men over which our views, no matter how noble simply do not matter, and we are left gritting our teeth to cover the pain that rises out of the depths of our hearts, and move on to other matters.

iwasthere

cm will not be taking vouchers next school yr. the handwriting is on the wall.

jay

It was stated on today's local news that Cardinal Mooney employees pay about $80,000 in city income taxes. 

iwasthere

they should had done that two yrs ago when the rumors were circulating at that time.

Billy Mumphrey

I could see another charter school setting up shop in the building.

jay

I wonder if the councilmen ever offered Mooney an incentive to stay on the south side.  A safe neighborhood would be a good incentive.

Towntalk

That's the plan. The only question I have is what will happen to the building once the move is complete. Will it stand empty for years to come, will it be sold, or will it be demolished.

Is it a good idea to move Mooney to Western Reserve Road in Boardman? Of course it is. It makes perfect sense ... you go where the bulk of your student population is. I have my own personal views about Boardman, but that's a topic for another thread.

Ursuline is a great High School with a rich tradition and great standards of excellence, so what's the beef, it's not like the Mooney students left behind would be forced into a sub-standard school like our city schools.

Billy Mumphrey

I believe Mooney will move south. The question will then be if students who live on the south side of the city which is now "Mooney territory" be allowed to still attend school in the city at Ursuline after the Mooney move?

iwasthere

the cm are going through the proper steps to informing the public of their pending move to the suburbs.

jay

Another news story on WFMJ tv today makes it sound as though the school's move to the suburbs is almost a done deal.

iwasthere

i still say its a done deal to move cm to the suburbs esp into canfiel, oh where the major donors live.

iwasthere

this is nothing but a shell game. the cm alumni do not want anything to do with ytown. this grp has made up thier minds. bishop murray has said he will not wiegh in the future of cm. is new bethel ch contributing to cm for its members going to cm?

irishbobcat

I received a survey in the mail today from Cardinal Mooney with questions regarding moving to Western Reserve Road or staying in Youngstown....