News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

HELLO everyone I'm Jeremy I need a lil help

Started by unicliquekid, December 01, 2006, 06:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

A visit to the microfilm collection at the Main Branch of the Public Library is a fantastic resource in that they have all of the papers that were published in Youngstown and Warren.

There were some 30 different newspapers that were published over the years. The first paper pubished in Youngstown was THE OLIVE BRANCH published in the 1850's.

The Vindicator though is the best resource in that it has over the years published tons of material on local history.

Give it a try.

If I were you, I'd suggest that you start at 1869 with the Vindicator and have several legal pads with you to take notes or $20.00 wirth of quarters so that you can make copies. You can purchase a card that you can use like a credit card also.

As for photos ... I would suggest that you rely on post cards so as to avoid copyright problems.

At my Webshots site all of the photos that I have there were either from safe sources or postcards.

unicliquekid

Firstly I am glad to find a mahoning valley forum, see actually, I started a Youngstown project however, I seem to have run into some problems. I wanted to write all the most interesting facts about youngstown on one page. Just so that I could have an Interesting collection of information. However the main problem I have is balancing the negative and positive. I consider myself a young, aspiring youngstown buff but I tend to find more interesting "negative" information than positive.
can you help me?