News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Will The Price Of Gasoline Drop Below $3.00?

Started by jay, September 18, 2014, 05:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Peggy Gurney

Yes.  Slowly but steadily, with the occasional increase, just to make us tug at our hair a bit.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I saw gas for $2.59 a gallon at a Liberty gas station in my area today.

Are prices still falling in Youngstown?

Towntalk

I weren't a referrin' to you but to our West side friend. It might sound crazy that there is a Giant Eagle near me, but I still do all my grocery shopping at the Churchill Common's Giant Eagle because I really like the folks there. I started shopping at that store back in 1984 when it was on Goldy Road and also, my  bank is on Belmont Avenue, and my family has dealt with that bank since 1951 when it was People's Bank with it's main office in the Stambaugh Building downtown on the Square. I'm a creature of habit and only make changes when it is absolutely necessary and I have no other choice.

Peggy Gurney

LOL, by no means.  I shop in Liberty all the time, and I live in Yo, but just on the south side of Gypsy.
I was simply wondering which Shell you were referring to.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Oh dear, does that mean that we must boycott everything that is outside the city limits? My oh my, I guess that I'm not a loyal lemming because 90% of my shopping is in Liberty Township, as does my very best friend in this whole wide world, who is like a brother to me. Shame on me!

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on December 08, 2014, 08:35:52 AM
The one further out on Belmont in Liberty. I saw it there Saturday night when I went shopping at Giant Eagle. Across the street from Chase Bank. See picture. Belmont at Liberty Rd.

Ah yes, the one closer to I-80.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Technically, two of them - the BP and the ??? Merchant - are in Austintown, which begins on the west side of Meridian.  Only the Speedway is (technically) in Youngstown.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

QUESTION FOR WEST SIDE JAY:
There are 3 gas stations on Mahoning Avenue and Meridian Rd. that you never mention WHY?

Towntalk

The one further out on Belmont in Liberty. I saw it there Saturday night when I went shopping at Giant Eagle. Across the street from Chase Bank. See picture. Belmont at Liberty Rd.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on December 08, 2014, 07:57:32 AM
SHELL - Belmont Ave. $2.65

Which Shell (there are 2 on Belmont)?
The Shell at Belmont and Gypsy, as of this morning, was 2.75.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

THE WEST SIDE GAS PRICES
Best Oil - Mahoning Ave. $2.73
Marathon - Ditto $2.72
Speedway - Ditto - $2.74

Towntalk

SPEEDWAY - Belmont Ave. $2.63
SHELL - Belmont Ave. $2.65
SHELL - BP - VALERO - Midlothian Blvd. $2.71

Peggy Gurney

2.65 at Tom's Gas and Groceries on Logan Ave on the north side.
2.69 at Gas Mart on Belmont Ave north of Gypsy.

Both stations are locally owned.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

Gasoline was $2.72 per gallon on Mahoning Avenue yesterday.