News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Restaurant Owners

Started by Towntalk, March 14, 2013, 12:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

When I choose to dine out, the restaurant that I select must serve one of these wines:

Dom Pérignon Champagne

B&G Château Magnol

B&G Château Barrail-Laussac

iwasthere

if all of us on this blog owned restaurants tt, you just describe all of us on this blog, thank you for the compliment.

Towntalk

For those who don't know what I'm talking about here are the definitions:

Raconteur (a person who excels in telling anecdotes)  and Bon vivant (a person having cultivated, refined, and sociable tastes especially with respect to food and drink).

Towntalk

Why?Town, you made a very good point as to owner customer relationships. Unfortunately in being a regular viewer of the Food Network, the sort of contact you referenced is encouraged in many of their shows, the exception being the Diners Drive-Ins and Dives show that spotlights the sort of restaurant owners that fit the bill Raconteur and Bon vivant.

Towntalk

There were two who fit the bill, but unfortunately, as far as I know, their sons have taken the establishment over it's not quite the same, and also unfortunately it's not downtown, but on the North Side ... the Golden Dawn. And it's also a great restaurant.

Why?Town

How much of a fixture does a customer have to be to be able to answer this question?  I go out to eat regularly but haven't met most owners and those I have it's little more than a "How's everything", "Just fine" to "Great" (usually)  and off they go.

Lyndz

this is a tough question, over the past 5 years and in some cases more I have gotten to know each of them very well. All of them care about downtown and the area and are very passionate about their businesses.

Towntalk

Question: Am I speaking over the heads of the folks here ar mahoningvalley.info or something?

Towntalk

Of all the downtown restaurant owners, who is the best of the best Raconteur and Bon vivant?