News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Seventh Ward Candidates' Forum - Thursday, April 16

Started by jay, April 15, 2015, 09:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD

I was using Basia as an example. I know nothing about her. Never met her
I don't know Hanni either other than her being related by Marriage to the Hanni family
I am disappointed at the possibilities for next years council
I am glad however the Gillam and Tarpley will be gone.  They share one brain and are an embarrassment to the city

Towntalk

iwasthere ... had the powers that be not shifted you to the MISERY WARD and you were still in PARADISE ON EARTH ie. SEVENTH WARD, I would gladdly toss your hat into the ring as the 7th Ward Councilman even though you let me down.  ;D

iwasthere

Pres Obama was a unknown until he gave a speech at dem convention thus he was sky rocket into the wh house with the help of the Kennedy clan. If I had to vote on what I heard  at this debate basis has my vote. This is based on the answers to the question s that was put forth to the candidates. I will say no one that is running for these wards seats are prepared to run ytown's city business. PD will you ras an Ind in your ward. You have passion in defense of ct
You can use this energy in your ytown ward.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on April 19, 2015, 10:44:12 AM
Unfortunately I live in a gated community, and candidates are barred from coming in, and yard signs are outlawed so I have no way to have any face time with them.
As for Basia, her record of community activity in neighborhood groups is as slim as a one page flyer. She didn't become active until a very short time ago yet she would have those she talks to believe that she has been more active for a longer time than Chris. This doesn't bode well for either her honesty or her commitment to the Seventh. Talk is cheap, and even a pennyless street person can talk a great message, but if they have nothing else to hang their hat on, it amounts to nothing.

WELL SAID!

I say the same thing about  Nate Pinkard's opponent.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: PD on April 19, 2015, 09:36:51 AM
Well let's forego the election and give him the victory now then
His opponents have been going door to door for weeks now.

And how much effort and sweat equity have they afforded the 7th ward prior to deciding to run for council? 
I would hazard a guess and say next-to-none.
Most of the neighborhood association leaders say they've not even seen these people at a neighborhood meeting, or at a clean-up event, etc.

The issue is NOT what they have done during the campaign, it is what they have done in and for the 7th ward PRIOR to the campaign.

One of our candidates for the 3rd ward council seat has never been to any of our meetings, in ANY of the 3rd ward, no clean-ups, no events at all. Yet wants to be our councilman?
I don't think so.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Unfortunately I live in a gated community, and candidates are barred from coming in, and yard signs are outlawed so I have no way to have any face time with them.
As for Basia, her record of community activity in neighborhood groups is as slim as a one page flyer. She didn't become active until a very short time ago yet she would have those she talks to believe that she has been more active for a longer time than Chris. This doesn't bode well for either her honesty or her commitment to the Seventh. Talk is cheap, and even a pennyless street person can talk a great message, but if they have nothing else to hang their hat on, it amounts to nothing.

PD

Hello
I don't even live in the seventh and don't have a horse in that race.
I honestly don't know the females running
I only know Vivo and travers and know that I couldn't vote for a tax dodger and someone who says they will use the council salary to pay their taxes
I don't know Travers to much I know he is involved in the 7wcc and other groups
My only point is that a lot of the people that vote may not know him or that
They may have met Basia on their doorstep and liked her
That is the way it goes

Towntalk

But how much sweat equity have they put into the 7Th Ward? Kindly name the activities that they were part of these past 5 years for the benefit of the 7Th? By the way, what ward are you in my friend?
By the way PD, I appreciate your passion for your candidate, and I wish more forum members were as passionate as you because that is how we come to a consensus as to who our elected officials should be.
We have a great group of Forum members who respect each other, so there is no fear that any serious hurt feelings problems should take place.

PD

Well let's forego the election and give him the victory now then
His opponents have been going door to door for weeks now.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: PD on April 19, 2015, 12:39:51 AM
Going door to door is the only way to win. Hands down

Door to door is exactly what he and his team did on Yesterday. 

Quote from his FB page  last night:

"The T4Y campaign had an awesome day on the streets today meeting voters! We were in Brownlee Woods, Powerstown, Cochran Park, Lansingville, Gibson Heights and the Taft School area". 
~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

It isn't what someone has done it is if that person is able to convey that message to all voters
Unfortunately it is a popularity contest and the best person doesn't always win

The ward reduction effort failed even though it was clearly the best thing for the city
Also those forums won't win you elections. Going door to door is the only way to win. Hands down

Peggy Gurney

I don't know anything about O'Hara, but I do know Chris Travers, and he has done more for the 7th ward than anyone I can think of.
Read his credentials, and accomplishments, and tell me he does not deserve the vote.

I mean, seriously???
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

He had his petition out for this election. I do not know why he did not follow up.

Towntalk