News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

StreeetScape Press Conference - Friday, March 20

Started by jay, March 13, 2015, 09:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

Make no mistake about it, I applaud StreetScape for all their hard work, and I do realize that they can't be everywhere every year, but I also know that there are other areas of the city that are main roads such as Midlothian Blvd that are heavily traveled and what few neighborhood groups here are trying their best with limited resources just as I'm sure there are on the West Side.
In my case, I'm just one person who sees problems and possabilities, but in no positionto see them through, but there are mahoningvalley.info members who are in leadership positions that don't speak out, so my little suggestions seem to go nowhere, and personally I'm about ready to give up even trying to get some things done here in the 7th.

Towntalk

Two 7th Ward neighborhood groups have been sprucing up their areas, but starting this year, one of them has been placed into the 6th Ward. I do applaud the great work of the RRNA and wish we had more of them here in the 7th.

jay

For the past two years SrteetScape has provided plants and materials for the west side.  The plantings on the west side have mostly been installed by volunteers from the Rocky Ridge Neighborhood Association.

If your group wants to conduct a planting project, contact the StreetScape committee ASAP.

It would also be good for neighborhood groups to help raise funds for the spring StreetScape plantings.

Towntalk

YES ... AND WHAT ABOUT EAST MIDLOTHIAN BLVD?  WHAT DOES STREETSCAPE HAVE ABOUT MAHONING AVENUE AND EAST MIDLOTHIAN BLVD. AREN'T THESE PLACES GOOD ENOUGH FOR STREETSCAPE?  MABY THE VOLUNTEERS SHOULD BOYCOTT  STREETSCAPE AND START THEIR OWN GROUP TO BEAUTIFY OTHERWISE IGNORED PARTS OF THE CITY ... SO SAYS ME! ... SO SAYS THE GOOD FOLKS ON MIDLOTHIAN BLVD, AND MAHONING AVENUE!

PD

I'm looking forward to the day when venture out of downtown more towards the west side

jay

StreetScape Press Conference

Friday, March 20, 8:00 a.m.

Learn what's going to happen this
planting season.