News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Board Of Elections Website

Started by jay, January 14, 2013, 05:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Jay: I agree with you that the Mahoning County Board of Elections should have a place where the public can have each and every one of their questions answered without having to waste time and energy pouring over irrelevant material in the shortest span of time as possible and in words that a reasonable person with a high school education can understand. But it doesn't, yet there is this to remember, all election laws for the State of Ohio are written by the state legislature, and every county board must abide by state law, so I will provide you with a link to those laws that you can either search through or not as you see fit.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3513

This may or may not answer your questions

jay

So if you want election information,
don't go to the Board of Elections website.

???

Towntalk

Two suggestions

1. The first place I would try for the information would be the Public Library via E-Mail. They are great in responding.

2. The League of Women Voters.

jay

These are some of the questions I hoped the website would answer.

Which races are up for election in the primary and general election?

What's the deadline for partisan and independent candidates?

How many signatures are needed for partisan and for independent candidates?

What are the minimum qualifications to run for each office?

Plus a few others

Towntalk

Jay, not all the candidates have filed their petitions yet and the same holds true for issues so just be patient. My goodness man, you're talking about an election that is over two months away. How can the Board post information that isn't even finalized yet?

Youngstownshrimp

jay

The Mahoning County Board of Elections' website has nothing about the primary election coming up in May 2013.  The website makes it look as though the next election is November 6, 2012 (the last election).