News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side Fish Dinner - Friday, January 23

Started by jay, January 22, 2015, 05:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

I dined at this fish dinner today.  The place was packed and most of those dining were older folks.  The Serbians are tough people.

Towntalk

Don't misunderstand me one bit, I agree with you, yet the fact remains that the good people of that area are living in fear of those who are on drugs in that area. I have friends who live near where the man was murdered, and for years he had a business on Mahoning Avenue for years until he had to close his doors because he couldn't compete with the big box stores, and he's told me things about that area that aren't good.
Would it not be better if the church held it's fish dinners earlier in the day, and made some arrangement to have dinners delivered to elderly folks like old Mike?
We don't know all of the story yet about how he was murdered, but there was a history of him being targeted by thieves whenever he would leave his home to go to church, and most likely the police will not be able to find out who murdered him, so it's no wonder that the people, especially the elderly who live in that area are living in fear.

jay

We must continue to patronize our west side businesses and institutions.  By not doing so, we will end up with many closed businesses and abandoned buildings just like on South Avenue.

Towntalk

Just how safe is it to attend that dinner when elderly folks in that area fear being robbed or murdered by people on drugs?

jay

Fish Dinner

Friday, January 23
4:30 p.m. -  7:00 p.m.

Baked or Fried Icelandic Cod
or
Fried Haddock

Sides Available (choose two):
Spanish Rice, Haluski, String Beans,
French Fries, Macaroni & Cheese

Coleslaw or Applesauce
Bread and Butter