News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WRTA Service To Warren

Started by jay, September 06, 2011, 04:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

40 YEARS AGO  :o  Gee I must be having fun either that or getting old ( :-X) really 40 years ago ! ! !  Well can the same thing happen today?  Just maybe history is repeating itself  :(  You did say it was hear say, however I sure believe it - and I also believe it will be corrected - I hope before something "happens"
The Area Agency on Aging you refer to - is that for Mahoning and Trumble Counties ?  Does it include Columbiana and Ashtaula too ?

northside lurker

I don't go to malls if I don't have to.  But, if someone is interested, maybe they can call the source and ask why the buses don't go into Eastwood Mall?  The fact that the Area Agency on Aging is there is a very good point, and could be interesting to a reporter.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

That has to have been at least 40 years ago because back in the late 1970's I use to take the bus to the Southern Park Mall every week to get my hair done at J.C. Penny's.

In the case of Southern Park, at least it was in the news, but here, all we have to go on are "he said; she said" comments and nothing more.

kenneyjoe330

I can remember the Southern Park Mall having the same restrictions for a time.  The problem eventually was solved and the buses now - I believe - come and stop at the food court section.  I know it was in the Vindicator - it probably was many years ago.  It may even have been true for the Boardman Plaza - all of which was resolved.  I also remember an accident in winter concerning a young lady going to or coming from work and got hit by a car because she had to cross Boardman Canfield Road.  Maybe a similar situation will have to occur at the Eastwood Mall.

Towntalk

Why is it that after searching radio and TV news as well as the Vindicator, the Warren Trib, the Niles Daily Times, WRTA web site and the Eastwood Mall web site this is the only site that mentions a bus problem at the Eastwood Mall?

Large delivery trucks go in and out of the mall every day with no problem so it can' be a concern about the drive ways ... many of the trucks are 18 wheelers.

jay

The District Area on Aging is located in the mall.  I guess we just have to hope that all of our senior citizens are able to walk several hundred yards in rain and snow from the bus on Rt. 422 to the mall building.

Towntalk

Perhaps Joe Bell should take a trip to the Southern Park Mall. But seriously, I couldn't care less what un-named folks say ... until I hear it out of tbe mouth of Joe Bell ... the voice of Eastwood Mall, what non-Eastwool Mall/WRTA sources say or think means absolutely nothing. NO OFFENSE but given the feeling by many about the Cafaro family there's good reason to question rumors.

mrniles266

:) Today, I saw the first Warren bus traveling from the top of the hill between McKinley Hts. and Rt. 46. I saw 1 woman waiting across from the motel. I couldn't make out how many were on. There were some.

mrniles266

>:( I have never head an official reason from Eastwood Mall, why the buses can't go into the Mall. Unofficially, I have heard they say the big buses will ruin the pavement? They want people to spend money. I would think the bus riders can spend money also. For big ticket items, they will have to be delivered anyway. If riders don't want to carry a lot of packages, maybe someone can open a shipping store. Are you listening UPS, FED EX, and Postal Service? They have post office boxes now, don't they? FED Ex is across the street.

Towntalk

Did the folks at Eastwood Mall give an official reason for not letting the bus make stops inside mall property or are you simply going by heresay statements? I would like to hear both sides before condemning the Mall. I went to the mall website and nothing was there one way or the other about WRTA.

Rushblvd

They are probably afraid someone will fall on the property -get hurt-and sue.....
Who gives a crap if someone is runned down crossing 422--as long as its not on there property...
Ya gotta love people  8) ??? :(

iwasthere

what cafaros want, cafaros recieve

Rick Rowlands

It is BS to not allow the bus to pick up/ drop off in the mall's parking lot. 

AllanY2525

As far as walking across busy route 422 - couldn't they just pickup by an intersection with a RED LIGHT,
and a CROSS WALK for PEDESTRIANS ?

There is no need to make Mount Everest out of a mole hill, here.......red light....crosswalk.... no brainer.....

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on September 06, 2011, 08:01:18 AM
Will the route go through Girard?
yes they will. they will take 422 to warren no varying off the schedule. the bus driver told me they ran out of schedules within the first hours of business today when i asked for a schedule. or maybe he did not want my kind going to warren.